Enzyme Intervention Systems for Refractory Food Sensitivities
Devin Houston, Ph.D., is the founder and CEO of Houston Enzymes, a division of Houston Nutraceuticals, Inc. Dr. Houston obtained his doctorate in biochemistry from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. Dr. Houston reports here on details of these enzyme systems.
His graduate work focused on enzyme discovery. Subsequent research at the University of Virginia and Saint Louis University focused on enzyme mechanisms involved in cellular communication. Dr. Houston followed his academic career with research and development in enzyme manufacturing and invented the first digestive enzyme targeted to the unique digestive issues of autism.
His company, Houston Enzymes, provides a variety of enzyme products for digestive support. Dr. Houston often speaks at autism conferences on how enzymes can play a role in the gut-brain connection. In this meeting, we discuss details on the controversy and the promise of using enzymes for food sensitivity issues.
Dr. Houston – Enzyme Applications On The Air
I was tasked to investigate food sensitivities.
It makes sense scientifically – and ASD kids are improving.
Enzyme Insights & Resources
- www.houston-enzymes.com Articles, Videos, Webinar Recordings that address these issues more thoroughly.
Additional Enzyme and CBD References by Dr. Houston
- Howlett AC, Wilken GH, Pigg JJ, Houston DB, Lan R, Liu Q, Makriyannis A. Azido- and isothiocyanato-substituted aryl pyrazoles bind covalently to the CB1 cannabinoid receptor and impair signal transduction. J Neurochem. 2000 May;74(5):2174-81.
- Mukhopadhyay S, McIntosh HH, Houston DB, Howlett AC. The CB(1) cannabinoid receptor juxtamembrane C-terminal peptide confers activation to specific G proteins in the brain. Mol Pharmacol. 2000 Jan;57(1):162-70.
- Houston DB, Howlett AC. Differential receptor-G-protein coupling evoked by dissimilar cannabinoid receptor agonists. Cell Signal. 1998 Oct;10(9):667-74.
- Huang LC, Fonteles MC, Houston DB, Zhang C, Larner J. Chiro-inositol deficiency and insulin resistance. III. Acute glycogenic and hypoglycemic effects of two inositol phosphoglycan insulin mediators in normal and streptozotocin-diabetic rats in vivo. Endocrinology. 1993 Feb;132(2):652-7.
- Houston DB, Howlett AC. Solubilization of the cannabinoid receptor from rat brain and its functional interaction with guanine nucleotide-binding proteins. Mol Pharmacol. 1993 Jan;43(1):17-22.
- Charalambous A, Yan G, Houston DB, Howlett AC, Compton DR, Martin BR, Makriyannis A. 5′-Azido-delta 8-THC: a novel photoaffinity label for the cannabinoid receptor. J Med Chem. 1992 Aug 7;35(16):3076-9.
- Houston DB, Howlett AC. Solubilization of the cannabinoid receptor from rat brain membranes. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1992 Jun 28;654:448-50.
- Larner J, Romero G, Kennington AS, Lilley K, Kilgour E, Zhang C, Heimark D, Gamez G, Houston DB, Huang LC. Duality in the mechanism of action of insulin. Adv Second Messenger Phosphoprotein Res. 1990;24:290-4.
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Dr. Houston, for joining us here at CBJ to review these personal observations about your research and recommendations for more refractory biomedical conditions.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Be counted.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.