On The ADHD Recovery Path With Rick Green
Rick Green, CM, OOnt, BSc., is the creator of the popular website TotallyADD.com, plus two ground-breaking documentaries on adult ADHD: ADD & Loving It?! and ADD & Mastering It!
ADD & Loving It?!, which became a runaway hit on PBS, has earned critical acclaim, a New York Festivals award for Best Medical Documentary, and kudos from experts, doctors, and adults with ADHD worldwide. The Centre For Addiction & Mental Health (CAMH) Foundation gave Rick their Celebrity Transforming Lives Award, asserting that, “In one hour this program will transform how we view this disorder.”
It did. Fans have sent thousands of emails thanking Rick for bringing humor and humanity to adults struggling with ADHD/ADD – Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder.
Rick’s Service to the ADHD Community
Since then, Rick has produced scores of videos for TotallyADD.com, on every aspect of this neurodevelopmental disorder, featuring 75 of the world’s best ADHD experts. These include videos on the Power of a Holistic approach to ADHD, and a video about the role of a certified Coach who understands ADHD, something Rick knows first hand.
He is passionate about being an advocate for adults with ADHD and has spoken to a wide range of audiences. Rick has hosted webinars, been a guest on podcasts and television shows, and has delivered many keynote speeches, workshops, presentations, as well as writing and performing his one-man show: My Award-Winning, Coast-To-Coast, Internationally Acclaimed Mental Disorder.
Rick is at once a dear friend and esteemed colleague, who with humility and good humor is correcting pervasive stigma and biases that interfere with effective ADHD/Executive Function Diagnosis and Treatment globally.
Trailer for ADHD & Loving It?!
Website, Book & Video Commentaries
- Must Visit His Website: https://totallyadd.com/ Video Streaming and DVD’s available here.
- Rick’s CBJ Listener Special: “We’re offering all of your CBJ listeners a 20% discount on our video ADHD & Coaching: You Don’t Have To Go It Alone. Coupon Code is ‘Coach’ – at our website.”
- Book: ADD Stole My Car Keys! – Green – Global Amazon Link
- First DVD: Rick’s PBS Special, ADD & Loving It?! – Green – At Rick’s Shop
- Second DVD: The sequel to PBS, ADD & Mastering It! – Green – Global Amazon Link
Additional CBJ Experts Weigh In On ADHD: Coaching, Parenting, Treatment
- http://corebrainjournal.com/teen – Experts Resource Page
- CBJ/156 Dr. Ned Hallowell Author of Driven to Distraction
Rick On The Path With Others
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Rick, for joining us here at CBJ to review your years of evolved understanding ADHD and work to diminish the stigma of this pervasively misunderstood set of cognitive, developmental challenges. Improved executive functions do help at any age.
Do you have some feedback you’d like to share?
- Please do leave a note in the comment section below↓.
- If you enjoyed this episode, also please take a moment to Share it using the social media buttons found at the bottom of this post. Your help to distribute CBJ will carry this message to others already on the Path – or those searching for new directions.
- Alternatively, please leave an honest review of the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes.
- Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them.
- Together, through teamwork, we advance informed self-management to replace innocence, denial, and passivity. Thanks!
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning collection of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collaborative dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts, with hundreds of years of combined experience, are both free and green.
Our Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
204 Saida Désilets, Ph.D. A thought-leader and speaker on the growing edge of researching ways women can use their minds, bodies, and spirits to create richer lives through their sensual selves, Saida serves as a guide to women who believe in transformation as a lifelong path of learning, discovery and walk to freedom.
It was a violent rape that nearly cost Saida Désilets her life that put her on this path. Self-described as a “street-savvy, equipped with feisty farm-girl strength and the grace of a dancer,” she was by no means naïve. In fact, this French Canadian native was raised on a First Nation’s reservation in Manitoba where sexual abuse of children, teens, and young women was common. Yet, despite seeing that openly, she never expected to be so violently attacked by a man she was actually dating. The shocking violation left her in such excruciating physical and emotional pain and damage that, upon waking up after emergency surgery, she was told she had only two weeks to live.
You don’t have to experience rape, sexual trauma, or specific disrespect to learn from Dr. Désilets. This very interesting interview addresses the evolution of women thinking about their own strengths and more private issues with sexuality.