Food Addiction – The Neurobiology of Food
A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I’m afraid of widths.
~ Steven Wright
Micheal Leppo is a food addiction coach on a mission to address diet, weight loss, and self-management through understanding the neurobiology of food, called the You Will Succeed Program. His program is a 22-week video program that explains, provides coaching, and mentors client’s regarding how to achieve health and life benefits whilst managing food intake.
Please note that this program is more than just a weight loss program. It’s a program that is designed to help one live a longer, healthier, more successful life.
Personal Notes On Michael
“I am a passionate coach who has studied how food (notably processed GMO’s, sugar-laden and high carb foods) controls your brain. These fatty foods excite the reward circuit in the brain which in turn release the neurochemical dopamine.
Food directly connects with neurobiology.
This release of dopamine provides one with a feeling of pleasure on several levels. Eventually, the continued overeating of these types of food desensitizes the feeling of pleasure the dopamine originally provides, which in turn explains in part why one has to eat more and more to regain the feeling of pleasure. These dopaminergic challenges provide an understanding of why someone cannot eat ‘only one cookie.’”
His Recovery Process
“What I set out to do and have achieved is to re-wire the brain to crave only healthy foods. Now, my brain is 99.999% re-wired only to want foods that help my body/engine run at optimal levels.”
The direct result of re-wiring his own brain includes:
- A loss of over 70 pounds in 7 months
- Feeling like I have found the Fountain of Youth. I feel younger, stronger, healthier.
- I no longer have any interest in processed, high sugar and carb foods.
- I now crave and get excited to have a delicious piece of fruit or salad.
- Mentally, I feel like you can put any dessert in front of me and it makes no difference to my resolve.
- Mentally, I am so much stronger facing any type of adversity.
- I now look forward to exercising & cannot imagine not doing something for my body & mind every day.
- I wake up every day feeling like anything is possible.
- I feel like I can achieve goals I never thought were possible.
Additional From CBJ Guests On Mind-Body Health
- CBJ/109 – Thaik – Vibrant Heart Mind and Body Recovery
- CBJ/111 – Hensely – Adrenal Fatigue and Qualia
- CBJ/115 – Walsh – Methylation Imbalances & Treatment Failure
- CBJ/164 – Lewis et al, Multiple Biomedical Markers – Testing Matters
- CBJ/168 – Cooper – Transform Stress Into Success
- CBJ/183 – Trenev – Probiotics Improve Mind Treatments
- CBJ/184 – Brogaard – Synesthesia, Perceptions & Mind
- CBJ/187 – Gabelnick – Mothers Fit For Sanity
- CBJ/mindset – Summary Page: Expert Mindset Insights
- CBJ/teens – Summary Page: Expert Parenting Insights
- http://corebrainjournal.com/about Entire CBJ Episode List – Bottom of This Page
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks Michael for joining us here at CBJ to review the latest better brain solutions for addressing the pervasive issues surrounding food addiction.
Do you have some feedback you’d like to share?
- Please leave a note in the comment section below↓.
- If you enjoyed this episode, also please take a moment to share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Your help to distribute CBJ will carry this message to others on the Path.
- Alternatively, please leave an honest review of the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes.
- Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning collection of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collaborative dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts, with hundreds of years of combined experience, are free.
Our Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
189 Elizabeth Menzel is a 3-time best-selling author, speaker, and founder of The Happy Woman Academy, where she uses systems based in neurobiology, mindfulness, and compassion to teach women how to feel happy – even after traumatic events. She comments well on the #metoo movement and workplace sexual predation. Her clientele is some of the most influential people in the world, including multiple billionaire industry moguls, Olympic athletes, international heads of state, and celebrity stars. She loves to travel and has delivered over 300 of her award-winning workshops worldwide. Tune in to our CBJ show notes for specific giveaways with this interesting CBJ Episode – with notes on her next meeting planned in Tromso, Norway, Feb. 17.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally