Recovery From Suicide, Brain Injury, Depression and Anxiety
Debbie Hampton – recovered from decades of lost, unhealthy thinking and depression, then a suicide attempt with resulting brain injury to become an inspirational and educational writer on the many brain, psychological, emotional, and mental health issues for Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, and more. In this CBJ/116 episode, Debbie discusses specific, practical interventions she used to overcome dementia, practice techniques directed to brain neuroplasticity, and her improved nutrition program.
She’s passionate about the biology of brain recovery and multiple options now available with evolving science.
Debbie Builds Brain Bridges Out of the Fog
On her website, The Best Brain Possible, Debbie shares how she rebuilt her brain and life to find joy and thrive. She wants you to know that you can do it too. You can quickly learn the steps to a better you in her book, Beat Depression and Anxiety by Changing Your Brain, with simple practices easy to implement in your daily life.
Improve your brain, improve your life. Debbie gets personal on her troubles by providing fresh recovery perspectives with new targets, new objectives.
Listen To Her Specific Insights
- The brain injury was a result of my suicide attempt
- I read the book by Norman Doidge ↓, and it changed my mind
- Here is a recipe for changing your brain on a biological level
- You can create conditions to encourage neuroplastic change
- Notes on the best type of exercise
- When I first started, I couldn’t balance on one leg
- If you just say ‘drugs are bad,’ you won’t know
- Too often you won’t get options from doctors
- Notes on HBOT – Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Neurofeedback from the client’s perspective
- Beat Depression and Anxiety by Changing Your Brain, – Hampton – Global Amazon Link
- Her educational second book, – a memoir, Sex, Suicide, and Serotonin: How These Thing Almost Killed and Healed Me. – Global Amazon Link
- Neuroplasticity Reference: The Brain That Changes Itself – by Doidge, Norman – ’07 Global Amazon Link
Debbie Connections & References
- Debbie’s Facebook page
- Website: https://thebestbrainpossible.com
- Her Best Five Books:: https://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/five-books-that-changed-my-life/
Complimentary 116 Hampton’s Helpful PDF Download:
How To Better Your Brain And Life
Until next time, thanks for joining us here at CBJ again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful, spread the word on brain and biomedical insights, and are greatly appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read every one of them.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.
Special thanks, Debbie, for your insights from a complexity of painful, at first hopeless problems with specific helping strategies to provide more predictable clinical outcomes.
Next CoreBrain Journal Guest
117 Joel Fuhrman, M.D is a board-certified family physician, six-time New York Times best-selling author and internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing, who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional methods. Dr. Fuhrman coined the term “Nutritarian” to describe his eating style and built it around a diet of nutrient-dense, plant-rich foods.
For over 25 years, Dr. Fuhrman has shown that it is possible to achieve sustainable weight loss and reverse heart disease, diabetes and many other illnesses using smart nutrition. In his medical practice, and through his books and television specials, he continues to bring this life-saving message to hundreds of thousands of people around the world. Dr. Fuhrman tells us details that can significantly correct chronic illness. It works if you work it.
Join us for this Special 1-hr exceedingly useful CBJ Interview – so applicable for all of us.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally