Parenting ADHD & Autistic Children
Penny Williams, Asheville, NC. Penny, an acclaimed author, guides and mentors parents raising kids with ADHD and autism. She’s the mother of a son with combined ADHD and autism, the author of three award-winning books on parenting ADHD children, founder and instructor at The Parenting ADHD & Autism Academy, and a frequent contributor on parenting and children with ADHD for ADDitude Magazine and other parenting and special needs publications.
A veteran parent of a son with ADHD, Penny Williams is the creator of the award-winning website that provides coursework with details: The Complete Parenting ADHD Course – See the course outline and bonuses at this link .
Her Bestselling Books:
- What to Expect When Parenting Children with ADHD: A 9-step plan to master the struggles and triumphs of parenting a child with ADHD – Global Amazon Link
- Boy Without Instructions: Surviving the Learning Curve of Parenting a Child with ADHD – Global Amazon Link – “The #1 Book on ADHD Children:” ADDitude Magazine
- The Insider’s Guide to ADHD: Adults with ADHD Reveal the Secret to Parenting Kids with ADHD – Global Amazon Link
- 2015 International Book Awards Winner: Psychology & Mental Health
- 2014 USA Best Book Awards: Parenting & Family, Finalist Award
Her report during this Episode at CBJ/096 addresses how:
- parents must move forward away from labels,
- to differentiate problems from normal behaviors,
- to work with peer relationships,
- parents can address the complexity issues of high intelligence.
Parenting ADHD & Autistic Children Detailed at CBJ/096
- At first, I thought my son’s only problem was ADHD
- Understanding him as a child started with Ross Greene’s book
- Our biggest red flag: he didn’s understand someone’s intention towards him
- We didn’t know as much as we should about meds
- “Complexity” is a defining word for our son
- He used games to eventually develop friendships
- How I differentiate “typical” from “problems” without using labels
- Schools, labels and Dr. Zak Stein
Penny’s Download In PDF ↓
Homework Tips: Parenting Strategies for ADHD/Autism
Penny’s Websites & References:
- http://parentingadhdandautism.com – Calendar for Webinars
- Complete Parenting ADHD Course – Triggers, schools, boundary management for parents.
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children: Ross W. Greene, Ph.D. – Global Amazon Link
Easily Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Until next time, thanks so much for joining us here at CBJ again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read every one of them.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten the dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with years of experience are free.
Special thanks to Penny for joining me this week. I look forward to our next travels together.
Next CoreBrain Journal Guest
097 Dr. Rachel Fresco, L. Ac. Ph. D. is the founder and chief formulator for Bio-Botanical Research. In 1989 Dr. Fresco began looking for ways to improve GI health and address systemic infections. One of the results of this research is her development of Biocidin®, a broad spectrum botanical formulation. This formula is recognized by many major diagnostic labs, clinicians, and authors as one of the most useful products for addressing difficult and resistant biofilm-relevant clinical presentations, such as candida. Dr. Fresco presents lectures internationally at medical conferences and shares her research on the topics of biofilms, the link between GI dysbiosis and systemic inflammation, and the use of plant-based medicines in clinical practice. Her interesting remarks on the multiple clinical challenges with biofilm will change your perspective on a number of clinical mysteries.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally