Neurotoxins Advise Us To Prepare
For Economic Change
First of all, I am not an economist. I am trained as a scientist, having completed both a PhD and a post-doctoral program at Duke University, where I specialized in neurotoxicology. I tell you this because my extensive training as a scientist informs and guides how I think. I gather data, I develop hypotheses, and I continually seek to accept or reject my hypotheses based on the evidence at hand. I let the data tell me the story. Neurotoxin awareness connects environmental change with the world economy.
~ Chris Martenson
Crash Preparation, Your Future & Pending Economic Turmoil
From Neurotoxins To Real Life, Beyond Canaries – Dr. Martenson’s Personal Transformation
His personal Crash Course will encourage you to listen even more carefully. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again here now: our brains are the canaries in the coal mines. It’s time to stop with mouth-to-mouth resuscitating canaries and chase down the methane. Chris tracks down world methane, and beyond, in this remarkable review of future, data-driven, premonitions.
Chris At The Telescope Of Time
“It is important for you to know that I entered the profession of science with the intention of teaching at the college level. I love teaching, and I especially enjoy the challenge of explaining difficult or complicated subjects to people with limited or no background in those subjects. Over the years I’ve gotten pretty good at it.
Once I figured out that most of the (so-called) better colleges place “effective teacher” pretty much near the bottom of their list of characteristics that factor into tenure review, I switched gears, obtained an MBA from Cornell (in Finance), and spent the next ten years working my way through positions in both corporate finance and strategic consulting. From these experiences, I gather my comfort with numbers and finance.
So much for the credentials.
The most important thing for you to know is the impact that the information that I’ve now placed on this site had on me. Let’s review this change as notes on Before and After.
Before: I am a 40-year-old professional who has worked his way up to Vice President of a large, international Fortune 300 company and is living in a waterfront, five bathroom house in Mystic, CT, which is mostly paid off. My three young children are either in or about to enter public school, and my portfolio of investments is managed by a broker at a large institution. I do not know any of my neighbors, and many of my local connections are superficial at best.
After: I am a 50-year-old who has willingly terminated his former high-paying, high-status position because it seemed like an unnecessary diversion from the real tasks at hand. My children are now homeschooled, and the big house in Mystic was sold in July of 2003 in preference for a modest homestead in rural western Massachusetts. In 2002, I discovered that my broker was unable to navigate a bear market, and I’ve been managing our investments ever since. I grow a garden every year; preserve food, know how to brew beer & wine, and raise chickens. I’ve carefully examined each support system (food, energy, security, etc.), and for each of them I’ve figured out either a means of being more self-sufficient or a way to do without. But, most importantly, I now know that the most important descriptor of wealth is not my dollar holdings, but the depth and richness of my community.”
Now Dr. Martenson Makes Far Different Predictions For The UN
My evolution from neurotoxins: It’s a modern and extremely well-regarded distillation of the interconnected forces in the Economy, Energy and the Environment (the “Three Es” as Chris calls them) that are shaping the future… one that will be defined by increasing challenges to growth as we have known it.
In addition to the analysis and commentary he writes for his site PeakProsperity.com, Chris’ insights are in high demand by the media as well as academic, civic and private organizations around the world, including institutions such as the UN, the UK House of Commons and US State Legislatures.
Crash Preparation and Prevention – Listen Up CoreTeam
Personal Note, Journal Listeners: It’s a privilege to work with thinkers such as yourself on your deeper thinking demographic, and Chris, when you listen to him, will not disappoint. Let’s carefully consider his remarks, wake up, and deeply reflect upon to his details whatever our calling, whatever our mission. His message merits sharing with your family and colleagues.
Thanks Chris for joining us at CoreBrain Journal. I’d love to meet your family, see your place, and, as a recovering chicken catcher, meet those chickens!
Easily Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Dr. Martenson’s Book & References:
- Prosper – How to Prepare For The Future and Create A World Worth Inheriting – Martenson 2015 – Global Amazon Link
- Crash Course – The Unsustainable Future of Our Economy, Energy, and Environment – Martenson 2011 – Global Amazon Link
- Dr. Martensons’s Website: http://www.peakprosperity.com
- Chris Martenson’s Articles at Seeking Alpha
- Axonal transport: beyond kinesin and cytoplasmic dynein Current opinion in neurobiology, 1991–Oct, vol. 1 (issue 3): pp. 393–398
- Fast axonal transport is required for growth cone advance, Nature, 366, 66–69 (4 November 1993)
- Acrylamide neurotoxicity: effect on neuronal growth cones and axonal fast transport, a Duke University thesis, Ph.D. M377A 1994 LSC.
- In Vitro Acrylamide exposure alters growth cone morphology, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Volume 131, Issue 1, March 1995, pp. 119–129
- The effect of acrylamide and other sulfhydryl alkylators on the ability of Dynein and Kinesin to translocate microtubules in Vitro, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Volume 133, Issue 1, July 1995, pp. 73–81
- Calmodulin dynamics within intact hippocampal cells, Duke University, 1F32NS010263-01 (1996)
- Inhibition of Lyn function in mast cell activation by SH3 domain binding peptides, Biochemistry, 1997, 36 (31), pp. 9388–9394 Listen/see Mast Cell Activation Syndrome with Dr. Lawrence Afrin here at CBJ/028
- Internal trafficking and surface mobility of a functionally intact beta 2-adrenergic receptor – green fluorescent protein conjugate, Molecular Pharmacology, 51:177–184 (1997)
Complimentary 037 Martenson Drawing Closes August 2, 2016
Prosper – How to Prepare For The Future
and Create A World Worth Inheriting
– Enter The Drawing Here –
Our Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
038: Dr. John McGrail Los Angeles, CA, is a renowned clinical hypnotherapist, self-improvement expert and spiritual teacher who has helped thousands of clients and students from all walks of life his clinical practice and self-improvement/motivational seminars and workshops. Dr. McGrail’s book, The Synthesis Effect introduces his uniquely effective Synthesis approach, integrating science and spirit to creating personal growth and transformation and achieving physical, emotional and spiritual balance in life. His remarks about Guided Imagery and Hypnosis demonstrate additional therapeutic systems for a variety of conditions. He’s interesting and on point.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally