dTMS: Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation – New Treatment Options
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle,
requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.
— Albert Einstein
The brain runs on electrical charges, and targeted magnetism can balance those charges in the living brain.
– Aron Tendler
dTMS provides some surprisingly fresh answers to previously “untreatable” psychiatric problems.This is how our interview with Dr Tendler started: he hit fresh interventions strategies hard – right out of the box – and continued with deep insights throughout our too-brief conversation. Note: He agreed to return now that we’ve had this opportunity for an introduction regarding this exceedingly interesting technology and treatment. dTMS does appear to provide significant answers for refractory responses on many levels – see this list of Indications that are currently under investigation – they’re more than just “interesting.”
Dr Tendler is in active practice, and, in addition, is actively involved in dTMS research. In this interview he spells out the differences between rTMS and dTMS and discusses his clinical work, his successes, and his ongoing inquiries.
His Message In A Sentence:
dTMS Provides an interesting and effective alternative to simply using psychiatric medications alone – TMS strategies work for a variety of conditions from refractory depression to pervasive anxiety.
Dr. Tendler’s Connections For Additional dTMS information
- His several practice sites in Florida http://advancedmentalhealth.com/
- Specific information on the differences and equipment for dTMS and rTMS
- About Brainsway the technology for dTMS.
- Fitzgerald PB, Brown TL, Marston NA, Daskalakis ZJ, De Castella A, Kulkarni J. Transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of depression: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Archives of General Psychiatry. 2003 Oct;60(10):1002-1008.
- Loo CK, Mitchell PB, Croker VM, Malhi GS, Wen W, Gandevia SC, Sachdev PS. Double-blind controlled investigation of bilateral prefrontal transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of resistant major depression. Psychological Medicine. 2003 Jan;33(1):33-40.
- Levkovitz Y, Isserles M, Padberg F, Lisanby SH, Bystritsky A, Xia G, Tendler A, et al. Efficacy and safety of deep transcranial magnetic stimulation for major depression: a prospective multicenter randomized controlled trial. World Psychiatry 2015;14(1):64-73.
- Effectiveness of a second deep TMS in depression: A brief report Rosenberg, O., Isserles, M., Levkovitz, Y., Kotler, M., Zangen, A., & Dannon, P. N. 2011. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, 35(4), 1041-1044.
- NIMH Discussion of Brain Stimulation Therapies
> Recommended Resource Book: Global Amazon Link
> dTMS provides an important evolutionary step beyond rTMS – Download this excellent article from Dr Tendler:
Complimentary 003 Download:
For Complimentary Research PDF Article by Dr. Tendler on dTMS
Subscribe For All Of Your Devices – iTunes Feed
Your Next CoreBrain Journal Episode:
004: Keith Kosierowski an ADHD Coach who not only provides coaching to individuals and families but teaches educational and administrative school professionals how to understand and cope with ADHD in academic settings: Coaching adds a different intervention system for cognitive challenges in a variety of school and work settings.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally