Autism Spectrum Recovery | Team Connections
There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.
~ Aldous Huxley
Building The Autism Spectrum Team To Manage Recovery Variables
Dr. Debra Moore is a retired psychologist who now devotes her time to writing and sharing information on understanding, treating and managing autism. Years ago she founded and directed a psychotherapy center in Sacramento, California where she taught and mentored therapists in training to manage autism spectrum challenges.
Remember to always think in autism spectrum terminology to honor the deeper, evolving understanding of the multiplicity of underlying factors discussed by many experts here at CBJ listed below. [We’ll add more on this page as they report findings here.]
Debra As An Autism Spectrum Resource
Over the years she developed a specialty in autism spectrum disorders and following retirement from direct clinical work coauthored The Loving Push – How Parents and Professionals Can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults, with Dr. Temple Grandin, an internationally acclaimed expert who herself has suffered from ASD – Autism Spectrum Disorder – challenges.
Now living in Washington, DC, Debra contributors to Autism Parenting Magazine and Autism Asperger’s Digest, facilitates LinkedIn Groups Autism Spectrum Across the Lifespan, and Autism HELPING HANDS Mentors and contributed chapters to The Nine Degrees of Autism and Internet Addiction in Children and Adolescents.
Debra’s insightful comments here at CBJ/153, about ABA – Applied Behavior Analysis – and team play in work with ASD individuals, provide a helpful perspective even for the most informed parents and therapists.
Dr. Moore’s Website & Book:
- The Loving Push – How Parents and Professionals Can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults by Moore & Grandin – Amazon Global Link – Yes, Temple Grandin
Recommended Training Programs For Both Professionals and The Public
- Parents & Public – Autism Global Summit – Experts Discuss Multiple Treatment Details: http://corebrainjournal.com/autismglobalsummit
- Professionals – Autism Recovery Training – Dr. Kurt Woeller & International Experts: http://corepsych.com/autism
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
~ Henry David Thoreau
My Contribution to The Autism Global Summit
– Please take a moment to Like and Leave a Comment over on YouTube! –
Connected CBJ Guest Interviews Relevant for Autism Spectrum
For professionals, we strongly recommend Dr. Woeller’s Autism Recovery Training – and if either a patient or a parent, or a beginning professional you will much appreciate the Autism Global Summit, also hosted by Dr. Woeller’s team [and includes this ↑ Parker Guest Presentation on medication details for executive function challenges with ASD].
- CBJ/214 Dr. James Adams on Autism & Microbiota Transfer Therapy
- CBJ/175 Dr. Zac Bush on Restore for Advanced Gut Healing & Immunity
- CBJ/153 Dr. Debra Moore Autism Community & Family – this page
- CBJ/152 Bill Protzmann on Music Healing
- CBJ/141 Dr. William Walsh on The End of Autism
- CBJ/140 Dr. Kurt Woeller on Biomedical Testing with more details here
- CBJ/134 Dr. Stephanie Seneff on Toxins and Autism
- CBJ/125 Dr. William Shaw on Testing for Toxins
- CBJ/115 Dr. William Walsh on Methylation Challenges
- CBJ/097 Dr. Rachel Fresco on Candida Comorbidity
- CBJ/096 Penny Williams on Parenting Autistic Children
- CBJ/039 Dr. John Morrow on Autism and Genetics
- CBJ/010 Dr. Robert Mellilo on Brain Balance Insights
- CBJ/005 Dr. Peter Osborne on Gluten Sensitivity & Specific IgG Testing
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Memorable Short Link For This Page
Until next time, thanks for joining us here at CBJ again to review the complexity of autism, ASD, PDD treatment protocols. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review of the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.
Thanks, Debra for your thoughtful observations regarding the absolute relevance of interpersonal, team connections for autism spectrum recovery.
Produced By Studio Center – 7 Locations Nationally
To Update Your Mind | Subscribe – CoreBrain Journal
Global Thought Leaders Improve Precise Thinking For You & Your Family
- Interesting, Important and helpfulApril 28, 2018 by J.M.I from Sweden
- I am listening in from Sweden, and I learn so much from Dr Parker and his interesting guests. Sadly, information like this is hard to find amongst practitioners here, and underlying factors to symptoms are of little interest. I am thankful to Dr Parker dedicating time in spreading word about helping people with psycological dysfunctions from a non conventional angle. Thank you!
- Core Brain Journal–NeuropsychologyMay 25, 2017 by Dr Terry James Gingras from United States
- Just finished session 118 with neuropsychologist, Dr. Braun. Excellent content presented in a relaxed style. I’m a neuropsychoogist with a specialization In ADHD so I appreciate both Dr. Parker’s and Dr. Braun’s efforts demystifying the practice of neuropsychology.
- Exceptional interviews !!May 16, 2017 by MCVGRL from United States
- Core Brain Journal, with Dr. Charles Parker is a must listen for a wide audience. If you are either the individual, suffering from complex personal medical/ psychological issues; or a family member, friend… please tune in often.
- Podcast 107 (Brain Health) – Very informative!April 13, 2017 by ad1978mke from United States
- I especially liked this Podcast because it provided a wealth of valuable brain health research and tips in an approachable, easy-to-listen-to format. The rapport between the Guest Speaker (Dr. Braun) and Host (Dr. Parker) was evident, and I hope to hear another Podcast with this Guest Speaker!
- Top quality informationFebruary 5, 2017 by MD Ireland from Ireland
- As a functional medicine doc I found this iterview stimulating, inspiring and it is full of clinically useful information
- FascinatingFebruary 1, 2017 by jinki1 from United States
- If you love science and psychology, then this is for you. The brain is such a mysterious machine, and listening to experts discuss how it works is fascinating. This seems like a pick-and-choose type podcast: I’ll skip the shows focusing on estrogen and alzeimer’s and go for creativity, anxiety, music, and others. But what I’ve listened to so far is great.
- My Brain Thanks You!January 13, 2017 by B. Keenan Johnston from United States
- Thanks for shedding some much needed light on issues of the brain. I recently became interested in the subject when I was listening to NPR do a segment on neuroplasticity. I could never remember the name of the author, but it helped me find this great podcast!
- Flipping Junkie ReviewDecember 23, 2016 by Danny Johnson -Flipping Junkie from United States
- Awesome podcast! I really loved the bipolar episode. Wonderful insight into these issues. Keep up the good work!
- “How I Found Myself” Dean RobertsDecember 2, 2016 by Don Hutcheson from United States
- I just had the pleasure of listening to Dr. Charles Parker’s latest interview with Mr. Dean Roberts on the topic: “How I Found Myself.” The thesis of this remarkable podcast is that the difference between treatment success and failure for conditions such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD and others is often the result of omitting crucial brain, biomedical, and functional neuroscience information and insights. Well done and much-needed. Wish you continuing success!
- I may be a geek…November 19, 2016 by JHHealy from United States
- But as an addictions recovery coach I find this brain science utterly amazing! Great show, love it!
- Keep up the Great work Dr ChuckNovember 18, 2016 by imupat3am from United States
- Just finished listening to the lateste episode with Dr Kelly Morrow-Baez the epsiode was about her and working with women ages 45-60…. Great podcast will be listening to more
- GROUND SHAKINGNovember 13, 2016 by Restlesstaxpayer from United States
- Your shows are always very informative but the last two with Tom O’Brien andDavid Siever are absolutely revolutionary every doctor in the country should listen to both of them twice a day I cannot overstate how important this information is I am sending links to everyone I care about Thank you
- 21st Century PioneerSeptember 16, 2016 by Louis Di Bianco from Canada
- Dr. Charles Parker offers us cutting edge knowledge in our rapidly changing world. The episde on music healing si a breath of fresh air. We need more natural healing alternatives like this one. It’s easy to understand how music heals when you know that everything in our world is energy. Thank you for this important show.
- Episode 46 – such important work!September 16, 2016 by Michelle at Inner North Star from United States
- I have done quite a bit of work around Post Traumatic Stress, being a Veteran and First Responder myself. This work with music/sound therapy is very interesting and this episode is well worth the listen. This podcast has relevant information we can all benfit from!
- Very informative and filled with valueJune 19, 2016 by Jimwj from United States
- This is an excellent podcast which provides smart, science-based, information which focuses on the mind and body. Great podcast. Check it out.
- Very informative!June 13, 2016 by Thomas O’Grady, PhD from United States
- I’ve listened to a few episodes and this was an interesting podcast.
- Loved the episode with peggyJune 11, 2016 by Courageous1 from United States
- Great work Charles – Love the episode with Peggy about anxiety. Keep it up!
- Fresh Mind ScienceJune 10, 2016 by ADHD reWired from United States
- This is a great podcast for anyone interested in learning more about the brain and are looking for solutions. Great for clinicans, coaches and consumers. Thank you for creating this podcast!
- Valuable InformationJune 10, 2016 by dannytay92 from United States
- Dr. Parker is a friendly, easy-to-listen to host, and this content is so valuable. All of us know people who could benefit from the specific topics of each episode.
- Truly Meaningful ContentJune 10, 2016 by No More Obstacles from United States
- If you have a loved one with bipolar disorder or live with it yourself, do NOT miss that episode! Dr. Parker brings serious science to specific issues in an accesible, applicable way. Really, really good.
- Stellar podcast!May 27, 2016 by Tara Williams Phone from United States
- I’m all about the mind and body connection, it’s time we American’s realize the power of both. There are so many amazing things to do in this world and I love that Dr. Parker is reminding us!
- This helpsMay 27, 2016 by JenRiday from United States
- My brother-in-law has bipolar and it’s interesting to listen to this and hopefully better understand him. Very helpful!
- The Complex made Simple – #PWpeeps – Doc and JockApril 29, 2016 by JoeShu2326 from United States
- The brain is complex and the issues surrounding often convoluted. Not on this podcast! Dr. parker breaks it down simply and concisely!
- FantasticApril 22, 2016 by HappyCoffeeLady44 from United States
- Finally someone who brings the mind and body together!
- ExcellentApril 16, 2016 by M_Glover_88 from United Kingdom
- This is a fantastic show. Really great info about a subject I have a huge interest in. Looking forward to more!
- Very smart podcast about the epic mind.April 16, 2016 by dustspecks from United States
- Very smart host with very smart guest. This is a great show that can be utilized to dive into the inner workings of the mind and get up to date information about the mind.
- Excited!April 15, 2016 by SeeinADHD.com from United States
- As an ADHD Coach, I’m excited to have another quality podcast to recommend to my clients. The mind and body are indeed connected, I’m looking forward to more!
- Excellent!!April 15, 2016 by Italykittyjc from United States
- Excellent podcast with awesome content. Very well done. Very informative. Looking forward to listening to more episodes. Great job.