Dissociative Identity Disorder – Fusion Through ‘As If’
Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
~ Signund Freud
Dr. Earl W. Flora provides therapy in Williamsburg, VA, for all ages with a wide range of individual mental health issues, family, work, and related issues. His specialty is treating Dissociative Identity Disorder, and here he adds this interesting perspective to reintegration/fusion.
Along with a full range of psychological issues, Dr. Flora utilizes a well-publicized but seldom used a single sentence to quickly assess & identify DID clients. In addition, he has developed an abbreviated technique for working with clients suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder by avoiding the use of abreaction to bring the personas together, without forcing them to relive the negative effects of the event that caused their separation in the first place.
It’s about time… time to recover.
Only after spending 27 years developing and validating the technique has he published his book titled Then They Were One – Fusion Without Abreaction, in which he describes his technique in great detail.
Since you’re interested here do listen to the two ART – Accelerated Resolution Therapy – Interviews below as they bring together additional practice recommendations/applications.
Book and Additional References
- Website: https://ewfasifnow.com/
- Book: Then They Were “ONE” Fusion Without Abreaction: Via The “AS IF” Technique In 60 Seconds Or Less An Innovative Approach To The Diagnosis Of Dissociative Identity Disorder – 2015 – Flora – Global Amazon Link
- Endorsed by Beverly Searle, a Guest at CBJ/165 noted below: “For us working in the field to have more tools to add to our therapy practice so as we can assist in the healing of these people who have had tremendous abuse in childhood is greatly needed.”
CBJ Expert Insights On Dissociative Identity Disorder & Similar Interventions
- Anorexia, Dissociation & Depression Revisited – Searle – http://corebrainjournal.com/157
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Update – Searle – http://corebrainjournal.com/165
- EMDR for DID – Lobenstine – https://corebrainjournal.com/166
- Dissociative Identity Disorder – Client Reports – Davis – http://corebrainjournal.com/144
- Sexual Healing After Childhood Trauma – Carson – http://corebrainjournal.com/219
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy – ART – Kip – http://corebrainjournal.com/201
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy – More Options – Breeding – http://corebrainjournal.com/205
- CBJ Veteran’s Page: https://corebrainjournal.com/vets
- CBJ Sexual Trauma Page: https://corebrainjournal.com/219
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Dr. Flora, for joining us here at CBJ to review these insightful observations regarding the evolution of treatment for DID – Dissociative Identity Disorder
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review of the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Be counted.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.
The post 316 Dissociative Identity Disorder & As If Fusion – Flora-2 appeared first on CoreBrain Journal.