Mold, Mycotoxins, Brain Function & Treatment Failure
Dr. Heather Sandison is a Naturopathic Physician and the founder and medical director of North County Natural Medicine in Encinitas, California. Dr. Sandison’s focus is on healing and optimizing brain function through understanding previously misunderstood mycotoxins that affect cognition.
In this CBJ Episode, she elaborates additional insights through this clinical presentation of Mycotoxins as discussed during our previous CBJ/190 laboratory-measurement interview with Dr. Pratt-Hyatt from Great Plains Laboratory. She works with patients who struggle with anxiety, depression, cognitive decline, insomnia, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia – and fresh, actionable insights to this frequently overlooked treatment failure topic of mycotoxins and mold – and the direct action of mycotoxins on multiple brain functions.
Dr. Sandison clinically applies the work and wisdom of experts in the field including Dr. Bill Walsh , Dr. Dale Bredesen, Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, and Dr. Neil Nathan. She combines these varied approaches to address mental health – all in the context of naturopathic medicine – starting with the certainty that each body is capable of health and healing.
Dr. Sandison is bright, exceedingly engaging, and works at times with another of our most interesting CBJ Guests at the Neurohacker Collective – Daniel Schmachtenberger.
Website & Book Recommendations
- Dr. Sandison’s Website: northcountynaturalmedicine.com
- Nutrient Power – Dr. Bill Walsh – Global Amazon Link
- The End of Alzheimer’s – Prevent & Reverse Cognitive Decline – Dr. Dale Bredesen – Global Amazon Link
- Surviving Mold – Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker – Global Amazon Link
- Mold & Mycotoxins – Dr. Neil Nathan – Global Amazon Link
Additional CBJ Experts Weigh In On Toxins
- http://corebrainjournal.com/190 Dr. Pratt-Hyatt the Mycotoxin Expert at Great Plains Laboratory
- CBJ/103 Dr. Joe Pizzorno – Toxin Solutions
- CBJ/037 Dr. Chris Martenson – Neurotoxins & World Economics
- CBJ/125 Dr. William Shaw on Measuring Environmental Toxins GPLTox
- CBJ/140 Dr. Kurt Woeller – Autism & Testing – Candida GPL-OATS
- CBJ/192 Dr. Kurt Woeller – Mycotoxins, Mold and Toxin Testing Details
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Dr. Sandison for joining us here at CBJ to review the significant implications of mycotoxins, toxins, and mold as see so frequently in treatment failure.
Do you have some feedback you’d like to share?
- Please do leave a note in the comment section below↓.
- If you enjoyed this episode, also please take a moment to Share it using the social media buttons found at the bottom of this post. Your help to distribute CBJ will carry this message to others already on the Path – or those searching for new directions.
- Alternatively, please leave an honest review of the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes.
- Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them.
- Together, through teamwork, we advance informed self-management to replace innocence, denial, and passivity. Thanks!
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning collection of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collaborative dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts, with hundreds of years of combined experience, are free.
Our Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
198 Dr. Cortney S. Warren is a retired Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. After earning her bachelor’s degree at Macalester College in 2000, Cortney received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Texas A&M University in 2006. She completed her clinical internship at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School. She joins us at CBJ to talk about the challenges of – denial and self-deception.
As a retired Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Dr. Warren is an expert on eating disorders, addictions, self-deception, and the practice of psychotherapy from a cross-cultural perspective. In a TEDx talk called Honest Liars: The Psychology of Self-Deception, Dr. Warren argues that self-deception is our biggest obstacle to life fulfillment. As such, Dr. Warren challenges audiences to improve their lives by looking within and changing the only thing they have any control over—themselves.