Advanced Life Design For Healthcare Evolution
Kyra Bobinet, MD MPH. CEO & Founder, engagedIN – “My goal is to serve the health of whole populations of people, and challenge them and myself to live healthy fulfilling lives; physically, mentally, and spiritually…to be engaged in healthcare evolution.”
Expertise: Behavior Neuroscience, Design Thinking, Mindfulness, Behavior Change, Patient Engagement, Population health management, Healthcare Innovation/ Technology-based Medicine, Workplace Well-being/Culture, Human development (multi-cultural), Product Design, Brand personality design, Neuroscience-based market research, and Clinical study design.
Take a moment to consider her outstanding qualifications. ‘Maven’ is an understatement. She’s on it.
When it comes to healthcare evolution and engagement, Dr. Bobinet has five words of advice: be caring, authentic, and useful. As the CEO-founder of engagedIN, Kyra devotes her life to helping people crack the code of how, what, and primarily, WHY we engage.
Neuroscience Directs Her Larger Mission
Kyra has founded several healthcare start-ups, spanning behavior health, population health, and mobile health. She has designed behavior change programs, big data algorithms, billion-dollar products, mobile health apps, and evidence-based studies in mind-body and metabolic medicine. All of her designs, whether for at-risk teens or seniors, are rooted in the belief that true caring is our most significant value.
Dr. Bobinet teaches at Stanford School of Medicine on patient engagement and empowerment, and health design with Dr. Larry Chu, founder of MedicineX. She has studied in Dr. BJ Fogg’s Persuasive Tech Lab at Stanford, whom she credits as the founder of “behavior design”.
NB: You will love her honest, insightful remarks about the evolving coalescence of neuroscience and patient care.
The Websites, Books, And Connections
- Well Designed Life: 10 Lessons in Brain Science & Design Thinking for a Mindful, Healthy, & Purposeful Life – 2015 – Bobinet
- drkyrabobinet.com | www.engagedin.com
- Podcast: InspireNation
- Twitter: @DrKyraBobinet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/engagedindesign/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/engagedindesign/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyrabobinet/
Additional CBJ Expert Connections
- CBJ Experts on Mindset – http://corebrainjournal.com/mindset
- CBJ Experts on Children & Family – http://corebrainjournal.com/family
- CBJ Experts on Autism & Family – http://corebrainjournal.com/autism
- Wellness From Vision To Reality – Silverman – http://corebrainjournal.com/275
- My Crazy Family – Hallowell – http://corebrainjournal.com/276
Easily Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
283 Kelly Breeding is a clinical social worker with extensive experience in building community partnerships, non-profit leadership, fundraising, and program development. Ms. Breeding’s clinical practice has afforded her the opportunity to work with diverse populations with a specialization in trauma and life transitions as well as providing community outreach for at-risk individuals and families.
NB: This CBJ/283 Episode is an important reminder of the exceeding value of their ART program reported in CBJ/201 and CBJ/205, which is daily changing lives of those who have lived in the front lines of traumatic change, both metaphoric and real.
Ms. Breeding earned her B.A. in Communications and Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of South Florida and trained in mindfulness-based therapies and applied behavior analysis. Ms. Breeding maintains a firm conviction for working with individuals involved in systems of care that face challenges throughout the context of their lives.
In February 2016, Ms. Breeding was selected to be the Executive Director of ART International Training and Research, Inc. where she oversees all policies and procedures and strategic and operational responsibility for ART International’s programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Kelly’s interesting reportage amplifies on the already interesting, comprehensive and recommended ART overview rendered by Dr. Kevin Kip at CBJ/201.
- Interesting, Important and helpfulApril 28, 2018 by J.M.I from Sweden
I am listening in from Sweden, and I learn so much from Dr Parker and his interesting guests. Sadly, information like this is hard to find amongst practitioners here, and underlying factors to symptoms are of little interest. I am thankful to Dr Parker dedicating time in spreading word about helping people with psycological dysfunctions from a non conventional angle. Thank you!
- Core Brain Journal--NeuropsychologyMay 25, 2017 by Dr Terry James Gingras from United States
Just finished session 118 with neuropsychologist, Dr. Braun. Excellent content presented in a relaxed style. I'm a neuropsychoogist with a specialization In ADHD so I appreciate both Dr. Parker's and Dr. Braun's efforts demystifying the practice of neuropsychology.
- Exceptional interviews !!May 16, 2017 by MCVGRL from United States
Core Brain Journal, with Dr. Charles Parker is a must listen for a wide audience. If you are either the individual, suffering from complex personal medical/ psychological issues; or a family member, friend... please tune in often.
- Podcast 107 (Brain Health) - Very informative!April 13, 2017 by ad1978mke from United States
I especially liked this Podcast because it provided a wealth of valuable brain health research and tips in an approachable, easy-to-listen-to format. The rapport between the Guest Speaker (Dr. Braun) and Host (Dr. Parker) was evident, and I hope to hear another Podcast with this Guest Speaker!
- Top quality informationFebruary 5, 2017 by MD Ireland from Ireland
As a functional medicine doc I found this iterview stimulating, inspiring and it is full of clinically useful information
- FascinatingFebruary 1, 2017 by jinki1 from United States
If you love science and psychology, then this is for you. The brain is such a mysterious machine, and listening to experts discuss how it works is fascinating. This seems like a pick-and-choose type podcast: I'll skip the shows focusing on estrogen and alzeimer's and go for creativity, anxiety, music, and others. But what I've listened to so far is great.
- My Brain Thanks You!January 13, 2017 by B. Keenan Johnston from United States
Thanks for shedding some much needed light on issues of the brain. I recently became interested in the subject when I was listening to NPR do a segment on neuroplasticity. I could never remember the name of the author, but it helped me find this great podcast!
- Flipping Junkie ReviewDecember 23, 2016 by Danny Johnson -Flipping Junkie from United States
Awesome podcast! I really loved the bipolar episode. Wonderful insight into these issues. Keep up the good work!
- “How I Found Myself” Dean RobertsDecember 2, 2016 by Don Hutcheson from United States
I just had the pleasure of listening to Dr. Charles Parker’s latest interview with Mr. Dean Roberts on the topic: “How I Found Myself.” The thesis of this remarkable podcast is that the difference between treatment success and failure for conditions such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD and others is often the result of omitting crucial brain, biomedical, and functional neuroscience information and insights. Well done and much-needed. Wish you continuing success!
- I may be a geek...November 19, 2016 by JHHealy from United States
But as an addictions recovery coach I find this brain science utterly amazing! Great show, love it!
- Keep up the Great work Dr ChuckNovember 18, 2016 by imupat3am from United States
Just finished listening to the lateste episode with Dr Kelly Morrow-Baez the epsiode was about her and working with women ages 45-60.... Great podcast will be listening to more
- GROUND SHAKINGNovember 13, 2016 by Restlesstaxpayer from United States
Your shows are always very informative but the last two with Tom O'Brien andDavid Siever are absolutely revolutionary every doctor in the country should listen to both of them twice a day I cannot overstate how important this information is I am sending links to everyone I care about Thank you
- 21st Century PioneerSeptember 16, 2016 by Louis Di Bianco from Canada
Dr. Charles Parker offers us cutting edge knowledge in our rapidly changing world. The episde on music healing si a breath of fresh air. We need more natural healing alternatives like this one. It's easy to understand how music heals when you know that everything in our world is energy. Thank you for this important show.
- Episode 46 - such important work!September 16, 2016 by Michelle at Inner North Star from United States
I have done quite a bit of work around Post Traumatic Stress, being a Veteran and First Responder myself. This work with music/sound therapy is very interesting and this episode is well worth the listen. This podcast has relevant information we can all benfit from!
- Very informative and filled with valueJune 19, 2016 by Jimwj from United States
This is an excellent podcast which provides smart, science-based, information which focuses on the mind and body. Great podcast. Check it out.
- Very informative!June 13, 2016 by Thomas O'Grady, PhD from United States
I’ve listened to a few episodes and this was an interesting podcast.
- Loved the episode with peggyJune 11, 2016 by Courageous1 from United States
Great work Charles - Love the episode with Peggy about anxiety. Keep it up!
- Fresh Mind ScienceJune 10, 2016 by ADHD reWired from United States
This is a great podcast for anyone interested in learning more about the brain and are looking for solutions. Great for clinicans, coaches and consumers. Thank you for creating this podcast!
- Valuable InformationJune 10, 2016 by dannytay92 from United States
Dr. Parker is a friendly, easy-to-listen to host, and this content is so valuable. All of us know people who could benefit from the specific topics of each episode.
- Truly Meaningful ContentJune 10, 2016 by No More Obstacles from United States
If you have a loved one with bipolar disorder or live with it yourself, do NOT miss that episode! Dr. Parker brings serious science to specific issues in an accesible, applicable way. Really, really good.
- Stellar podcast!May 27, 2016 by Tara Williams Phone from United States
I'm all about the mind and body connection, it's time we American's realize the power of both. There are so many amazing things to do in this world and I love that Dr. Parker is reminding us!
- This helpsMay 27, 2016 by JenRiday from United States
My brother-in-law has bipolar and it's interesting to listen to this and hopefully better understand him. Very helpful!
- The Complex made Simple - #PWpeeps - Doc and JockApril 29, 2016 by JoeShu2326 from United States
The brain is complex and the issues surrounding often convoluted. Not on this podcast! Dr. parker breaks it down simply and concisely!
- FantasticApril 22, 2016 by HappyCoffeeLady44 from United States
Finally someone who brings the mind and body together!
- ExcellentApril 16, 2016 by M_Glover_88 from United Kingdom
This is a fantastic show. Really great info about a subject I have a huge interest in. Looking forward to more!
- Very smart podcast about the epic mind.April 16, 2016 by dustspecks from United States
Very smart host with very smart guest. This is a great show that can be utilized to dive into the inner workings of the mind and get up to date information about the mind.
- Excited!April 15, 2016 by SeeinADHD.com from United States
As an ADHD Coach, I'm excited to have another quality podcast to recommend to my clients. The mind and body are indeed connected, I'm looking forward to more!
- Excellent!!April 15, 2016 by Italykittyjc from United States
Excellent podcast with awesome content. Very well done. Very informative. Looking forward to listening to more episodes. Great job.