Neuroscience Changes, Mind Interventions
Translated For Philadelphia Primary Care
Jennifer McPherson LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Board Certified Counselor that specializes in behavioral health integration for primary care programs and chronic care programs. She attended Temple University for her undergraduate studies in Psychology and Religion and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) for her graduate studies in Counseling & Clinical Health Psychology. She is also currently pursuing an Executive MBA in Healthcare from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
In 2018, she founded McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services to provide clinical supervision to aspiring mental health professionals and to support physicians with the management of difficulty behavioral health patients. In addition, she is an Ambassador and the Podcast Host for Black Therapists Rock.
Here at CBJ, she discusses a serious need in most communities – the ongoing education of medical professionals who often have no clinical experience with rapidly advancing mental health treatment options.
Never before has so much been asked of primary care. Primary care providers are increasingly encountering heavy workloads, serving a large volume of patients in shorter visit times.
At the same time, there is a growing emphasis on healthcare delivery models that meet the “triple aim” (patient satisfaction, improved health outcomes, and lower cost). In the context of these demands, patient complexity in the primary care setting is high, with roughly one in four primary care patients presenting with multi-morbidity and up to half meeting criteria for a psychiatric disorder.1
- 1The Role of Behavioral Health in Optimizing Care for Complex Patients in the Primary Care Setting – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4762832/
- Black Therapists Rock Conference Information & Registration – http://blacktherapistsrock.ontraport.com/t?orid=96&opid=1
- Instagram: @jenmcphersonlpc
- Twitter: @jenmcphersonlpc
Multiple Additional CBJ Experts on Improved Medical Interventions
- These Testing Experts: http://corebrainjournal.com/testing
- These Mindset Experts: http://corebrainjournal.com/mindset
- Family & Teen Experts: http://corebrainjournal.com/teen
- Relationship Experts: http://corebrainjournal.com/relationships
- Veterans Need More Precise Interventions: http://corebrainjournal.com/vets
Practical Medical Training – The Latest Neuroscience For Global Offices – Parker
- Primary Care/Pediatrics Training – Balanced Psych Interventions – ADHD & Beyond – Understand ADHD and you have an excellent foundation for every other mind comorbidity seen almost every day in office practices. Updates for Launch Here: http://corebrainjournal.com/adhd101
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Jennifer, for joining us here at CBJ to review your personal observations and research about the absolute importance of helping our medical colleagues with updated experience for improved interventions with mind complexity!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Be counted.
Consider this: If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.