Relationship Balance, Negatives, Wars, Barriers & Recovery
There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.
Jonathan Robinson, a highly regarded psychotherapist, and bestselling author reports that everyone wants to experience relationship balance, care, understanding, and empathy in their most meaningful relationships – at work or home. However, four relationship mistakes often get in the way of receiving what we want. He calls these four culprits “The Four Horseman of the Relationship Apocalypse.” They are Denigration, Denial, Dismissal, and Distraction.
Truth distortions dance around Reality, and relationship balance, evolved relationship management, requires increasing the opportunities for trust and vulnerability.
If you suffer from strains in your relationship, chances are at least one of these Horsemen is at work in unraveling the fabric of your love.
Jonathan Delivers Workable Answers
Robinson, who appeared on Oprah and other nationally syndicated morning shows several times -counsels couples and conducts workshops on communication, leadership, and teambuilding with Fortune 500 companies. He is also the author of the bestselling Communication Miracles for Couples.
Here at CBJ Jonathan reports on details, tools, that can work for any relationship to achieve improved emotional balance and effective communication.
Jonathon Weighs In
“In this new More Love, Less Conflict Playbook book, he offers more than 30 simple-easy-to-implement, highly practical communications strategies to dissipate the tension, create more connection and ramp up the love. And he even suggests ways to get a resistant partner to participate.
The author of 11 interesting books, Robinson has devoted his life to helping people find more happiness in their lives (findinghappiness.com). A great storyteller and humorist, he is in demand as a speaker and media guest. He has reached more than 200 million people around the world with his practical methods to find the most enjoyment in life.
In focusing on relationships, he’s taking aim at eliminating the obstacles in the way of romance and love. Isn’t that, after all, what the whole world needs more of? More Love, Less Conflict!”
Book and Additional References
- Website: http://findinghappiness.com
- Communication Miracles for Couples – Robinson, 2012 – Global Amazon Link
- More Love, Less Conflict – Robinson, 2018 – Global Amazon Link
- The Technology of Joy: The 101 Best Apps, Gadgets, Tools and Supplements to Create More Delight in Your Life – Robinson, 2016 Global Amazon Link
CBJ Expert Insights On Mindfulness & Relationship Balance
- CBJ Page: http://corebrainjournal.com/mindset
- McCae – Relationship Coach on Recovery: http://corebrainjournal.com/020
- Golden – Overcoming Destructive Anger: http://corebrainjournal.com/222
- Noll – DeEscalate Anger with Wisdom & Mindset: http://corebrainjournal.com/180
- Tsipursky – Insightful Intention: http://corebrainjournal.com/124
- Kennedy – Targeted Neuroplasticity: http://corebrainjournal.com/123
- Dentinger – Emotional Memory & Personality: http://corebrainjournal.com/220
- Warren – The Lies We Tell Ourselves: http://corebrainjournal.com/198
- Kienzle – Denial, Prime Men & Recovery: http://corebrainjournal.com/104
- Udall – Sexual Trauma In The Workplace: http://corebrainjournal.com/178
- Behary – Narcissism Survival Guide: http://corebrainjournal.com/169
- Quy – Mental Toughness for Women: http://corebrainjournal.com/193
- Brennan – Women in Danger – Domestic Abuse: http://corebrainjournal.com/195
- Schwartz – Quantum Physics & Relationship Management: http://corebrainjournal.com/199
Forward This Audio Message Link To a Friend
Thanks, Jonathan, for joining us here at CBJ to review these insightful observations regarding the clinical and personal applications for applied recovery in troubled relationships – wherever they arise.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Be counted.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.
Our Next CoreBrain Journal Episode
235 Dr. Earl W. Flora provides therapy in Williamsburg, VA, for all ages with a wide range of individual mental health issues, family, work, and related issues. His specialty is treating Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Along with a full range of psychological issues, Dr. Flora utilizes a well-publicized but seldom used single sentence to quickly assess & identify DID clients. In addition, he has developed an abbreviated technique for working with clients suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder by avoiding the use of abreaction to bring the personas together, without forcing them to relive the negative effects of the event that caused their separation in the first place.
Only after spending 27 years developing and validating the technique has he published his book titled Then They Were One – Fusion Without Abreaction, in which he describes his technique in great detail.