Autism Markers: Expert Opinion On Biomedical Testing For ASD
You can have data without information, but you cannot have information without data.
~ Daniel Keys Moran
Dr. Kurt N. Woeller became a biomedical autism specialist many years ago in 1998. An original Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) referral physician, he has years of experience in researching and implementing advanced biomedical interventions based upon autism markers from laboratory testing, for individuals suffering from autism challenges. He now works as the Autism Outreach Clinical Director for Great Plains Laboratories in addition to his own interesting treatment and training practice linked next.
His extensive network of exceedingly helpful educational websites, books and webinars provide parents of individuals on the autism-spectrum, as well as physicians and other health care providers treating autism, access to an abundance of important information regarding the latest biomedical intervention systems.
To engage in direct interaction with Dr. Woeller you can subscribe to his biomedical autism training website at AutismRecoverySystem.com – a deep resource for both professionals and parents.
On A Personal Note
I’ve known Dr. Woeller for many years and find him to be an exceedingly helpful clinician with remarkable translation skills in terms of addressing the difficult reality of hard data provided by specific autism markers, and then synchronizing it with clinical treatment. If you’re a clinician I strongly recommend that you take a look at his Autism Recovery System and consider the fact that autism training takes you deeply into functional medicine clinical investigations that will find application almost anywhere in mind science.
Kurt is interesting, engaging, and on a serious mission to help all of us improve our assessment and treatment strategies. Our conversation here at CBJ is loaded with take-home messages for every level of autism interest.
Dr. Woeller Reports On Autism Markers
- My practice for over 20 years, & my first reference point: The Rain Man [4:28]
- Teaching experience, & just recently launched training programs at Autusn Recovery System [5:52]
- All of these multi-system dysfunctions directly affect the brain [7:36]
- Thinking about autism markers is limited by a “camp” set of perceptions [12:26]
- The key point is that autism can be helped [13:17]
- The importance of a healthy gut [15:52]
- The toxic effect of impaired gut physiology and Candida [16:47]
- The relevance on OATS testing of Clostridia bacteria [20:38]
- Sponsor Notes: The Berry Robinson Center & Direct Health Access Laboratory [25:50]
- The relevant interface between OATS and IgG testing [28:35]
- My testing priorities in sequence [32:01]
- The relevance of testing for environmental toxins – GPL-TOX [35:30]
- My Four Pillar Approach to working with every autistic child [39:00]
- Dr. Seneff agrees on glyphosate relevance even involving IgG [44:32]
Dr. Woeller Complimentary PDF: Download Here
7 Facts You Need to Know About Autism
(but probably weren’t told)
Dr. Woeller’s Website & Additional Autism Markers Referenced
- Dr. Woeller’s Autism Recovery Training Site: http://autismrecoverysystem.com
- Small study finds B12 injections ease autism symptoms in some children. Autism Speaks | Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology March ’16
- The Autism Revolution: Whole-Body Strategies for Making Life All It Can Be by Martha Herbert – Amazon Global Link
- Great Plains Page for GPL-TOX – brain toxin references & additional documentation
- To Order A GPL-TOX Test At Great Plains Laboratory – [Not an affiliate]
- GPL Professional Training/Workshops
- Biological Treatments for Autism and PDD – Shaw – Highly recommended – Global Amazon Link
- Autism-The Road To Recovery: An Autism Guide for Parents & Professionals – Woeller – Global Amazon Link
- Autism: Beyond the Basics – Shaw & Woeller – Global Amazon Link
- The Toxin Solution – Pizzorno – Global Amazon Link
Additional CBJ Interviews: On Autism
- CBJ/037 Dr. Chris Martenson – Neurotoxins & World Economics
- CBJ/103 Dr. Joseph Pizzorno – Author of The Toxin Solution
- CBJ/125 Dr. William Shaw – Using Environmental Toxin Testing
- CBJ/134 Dr. Stephanie Seneff – Glyphosate Autism & Cancer
- CBJ/141 Dr. William Walsh – Biomedical Testing For Autism [Next]
Easily Forward This Audio Message Shortlink To a Friend
Until next time, thanks for joining us here at CBJ again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the CoreBrain Journal Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Reviews do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read every one of them.
If this post with these several references is helpful, please take a moment to pass it on.
In closing, if you have any questions, drop a comment on any posting here at CBJ, and I’ll get back to you. This discerning show of world-class experts is here for you, your families, and your clients – to tighten our collective dialogue for more precise answers.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates, or if you’re on an Android Device subscribe for timely updates at Google Play. Yes, these extraordinary experts with hundreds of years of combined experience are free.
Again, special thanks, Kurt, for your understandable and actionable insights for improved data-driven treatments for autism. I’m looking forward to our next discussion to improve treatment applications.
Next CoreBrain Journal Guest
141 Dr. William Walsh – Many of you are now familiar with the excellent varieties of information provided here at CBJ by Dr. Walsh on a number of topics. His mission is at once simple and a bit intimidating on the first review, as it is based upon neuro-synaptic molecular physiology. His insights regarding methylation, copper and kryptopyrrole imbalances address a variety of serious heretofore apparently quite untreatable mental conditions including bipolar & schizophrenia. In this CBJ/141 Episode, Dr. Walsh guides us down a personal favorite topic of his, all in the context his new book, The End of Autism [not available yet]. His previous three Special Episodes, linked in this brief introduction, are the most downloaded of all CBJ interviews and provide an excellent introduction to this particularly insightful episode on autism markers. Even if you aren’t interested in autism you will learn many useful mind-assessment details with of this fourth Walsh Special Interview.
Produced By Studio Center – 6 Locations Nationally
- Core Brain Journal--NeuropsychologyMay 25, 2017 by Dr Terry James Gingras from United States
Just finished session 118 with neuropsychologist, Dr. Braun. Excellent content presented in a relaxed style. I'm a neuropsychoogist with a specialization In ADHD so I appreciate both Dr. Parker's and Dr. Braun's efforts demystifying the practice of neuropsychology.
- Exceptional interviews !!May 16, 2017 by MCVGRL from United States
Core Brain Journal, with Dr. Charles Parker is a must listen for a wide audience. If you are either the individual, suffering from complex personal medical/ psychological issues; or a family member, friend... please tune in often.
- Podcast 107 (Brain Health) - Very informative!April 13, 2017 by ad1978mke from United States
I especially liked this Podcast because it provided a wealth of valuable brain health research and tips in an approachable, easy-to-listen-to format. The rapport between the Guest Speaker (Dr. Braun) and Host (Dr. Parker) was evident, and I hope to hear another Podcast with this Guest Speaker!
- Top quality informationFebruary 5, 2017 by MD Ireland from Ireland
As a functional medicine doc I found this iterview stimulating, inspiring and it is full of clinically useful information
- FascinatingFebruary 1, 2017 by jinki1 from United States
If you love science and psychology, then this is for you. The brain is such a mysterious machine, and listening to experts discuss how it works is fascinating. This seems like a pick-and-choose type podcast: I'll skip the shows focusing on estrogen and alzeimer's and go for creativity, anxiety, music, and others. But what I've listened to so far is great.
- My Brain Thanks You!January 13, 2017 by B. Keenan Johnston from United States
Thanks for shedding some much needed light on issues of the brain. I recently became interested in the subject when I was listening to NPR do a segment on neuroplasticity. I could never remember the name of the author, but it helped me find this great podcast!
- Flipping Junkie ReviewDecember 23, 2016 by Danny Johnson -Flipping Junkie from United States
Awesome podcast! I really loved the bipolar episode. Wonderful insight into these issues. Keep up the good work!
- “How I Found Myself” Dean RobertsDecember 2, 2016 by Don Hutcheson from United States
I just had the pleasure of listening to Dr. Charles Parker’s latest interview with Mr. Dean Roberts on the topic: “How I Found Myself.” The thesis of this remarkable podcast is that the difference between treatment success and failure for conditions such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD and others is often the result of omitting crucial brain, biomedical, and functional neuroscience information and insights. Well done and much-needed. Wish you continuing success!
- I may be a geek...November 19, 2016 by JHHealy from United States
But as an addictions recovery coach I find this brain science utterly amazing! Great show, love it!
- Keep up the Great work Dr ChuckNovember 18, 2016 by imupat3am from United States
Just finished listening to the lateste episode with Dr Kelly Morrow-Baez the epsiode was about her and working with women ages 45-60.... Great podcast will be listening to more
- GROUND SHAKINGNovember 13, 2016 by Restlesstaxpayer from United States
Your shows are always very informative but the last two with Tom O'Brien andDavid Siever are absolutely revolutionary every doctor in the country should listen to both of them twice a day I cannot overstate how important this information is I am sending links to everyone I care about Thank you
- 21st Century PioneerSeptember 16, 2016 by Louis Di Bianco from Canada
Dr. Charles Parker offers us cutting edge knowledge in our rapidly changing world. The episde on music healing si a breath of fresh air. We need more natural healing alternatives like this one. It's easy to understand how music heals when you know that everything in our world is energy. Thank you for this important show.
- Episode 46 - such important work!September 16, 2016 by Michelle at Inner North Star from United States
I have done quite a bit of work around Post Traumatic Stress, being a Veteran and First Responder myself. This work with music/sound therapy is very interesting and this episode is well worth the listen. This podcast has relevant information we can all benfit from!
- Good StuffJuly 1, 2016 by namtrok from United States
While this is stuff I don't think of each day, Dr Charles presents it in a great way and I feel smarter each episode. Thanks! Paul from NomadTogether.com
- Very informative and filled with valueJune 19, 2016 by Jimwj from United States
This is an excellent podcast which provides smart, science-based, information which focuses on the mind and body. Great podcast. Check it out.
- Very informative!June 13, 2016 by Thomas O'Grady, PhD from United States
I’ve listened to a few episodes and this was an interesting podcast.
- Loved the episode with peggyJune 11, 2016 by Courageous1 from United States
Great work Charles - Love the episode with Peggy about anxiety. Keep it up!
- Fresh Mind ScienceJune 10, 2016 by ADHD reWired from United States
This is a great podcast for anyone interested in learning more about the brain and are looking for solutions. Great for clinicans, coaches and consumers. Thank you for creating this podcast!
- Valuable InformationJune 10, 2016 by dannytay92 from United States
Dr. Parker is a friendly, easy-to-listen to host, and this content is so valuable. All of us know people who could benefit from the specific topics of each episode.
- Truly Meaningful ContentJune 10, 2016 by No More Obstacles from United States
If you have a loved one with bipolar disorder or live with it yourself, do NOT miss that episode! Dr. Parker brings serious science to specific issues in an accesible, applicable way. Really, really good.
- Stellar podcast!May 27, 2016 by Tara Williams Phone from United States
I'm all about the mind and body connection, it's time we American's realize the power of both. There are so many amazing things to do in this world and I love that Dr. Parker is reminding us!
- This helpsMay 27, 2016 by JenRiday from United States
My brother-in-law has bipolar and it's interesting to listen to this and hopefully better understand him. Very helpful!
- The Complex made Simple - #PWpeeps - Doc and JockApril 29, 2016 by JoeShu2326 from United States
The brain is complex and the issues surrounding often convoluted. Not on this podcast! Dr. parker breaks it down simply and concisely!
- FantasticApril 22, 2016 by HappyCoffeeLady44 from United States
Finally someone who brings the mind and body together!
- ExcellentApril 16, 2016 by M_Glover_88 from United Kingdom
This is a fantastic show. Really great info about a subject I have a huge interest in. Looking forward to more!
- Very smart podcast about the epic mind.April 16, 2016 by dustspecks from United States
Very smart host with very smart guest. This is a great show that can be utilized to dive into the inner workings of the mind and get up to date information about the mind.
- Excited!April 15, 2016 by SeeinADHD.com from United States
As an ADHD Coach, I'm excited to have another quality podcast to recommend to my clients. The mind and body are indeed connected, I'm looking forward to more!
- Excellent!!April 15, 2016 by Italykittyjc from United States
Excellent podcast with awesome content. Very well done. Very informative. Looking forward to listening to more episodes. Great job.